Insights & Media


Online gambling activity in Portugal


The operation of online gambling and betting keeps growing, according to data shared by the Gambling Regulation and Inspection Service. There was a growth of 24.8% compared to the previous year, representing a collection of 196.4 million euros in gross revenue

Of this total revenue, 110.7 million euros (56.4%) resulted from games of chance and 85.7 million euros (43.6%) from fixed odds sports betting.

Regarding the preference of online players in Portugalthere is consistency with what has been previously recorded both for types of games of chance (81% of total bets in slot machines) and also in what concerns the favourite sports betting modality (70.6% in the volume of bets placed on the football modality).